Richmond VA > City Treasurer > Frequently Asked Questions

Last Updated: 2018-03-22

Where can I pay Personal Pproperty taxes for vehicles or real estate taxes?

City Hall Room 102 for Payment (must provide paperwork) or City Hall Room 100 if you need paperwork

You can also pay personal property taxes online. See the Finance website for Paying Taxes Online

Where can I get Real Estate Assessments?

City Hall 8th Floor

For more information, visit the City of Richmond's Assessor's website.

Where can I make Utility payments?

There are several possible locations. Please visit the Public Utilities FAQ page for more information.

Where can I pay off Parking Tickets?

Please visit the Parking Ticket information page.

Where can I get information about Delinquent Taxes that I may owe?

City Hall Room 109

How can I reach the State Treasurer’s Office?

Please visit the Virginia State Treasurer's website for more information.

Where can I reach the Virginia Department of Taxation?

Please visit the Virginia Deparment of Taxation's website for more information.

How can I get my taxes prepared for free?

There is a minimum income requirement, but you can visit multiple areas throughout the city that will perform the service at no charge between January to April each year.

Tax Preparation Assistance Handout

Where can I find information about the Elderly Tax Relief Program?

City Hall Room 100 or on Finance's home page

How can I get a Building Permit?

City Hall Room 110 or visit the Planning and Development Review Permits and Inspections's page.

Where can I obtain or renew my Notary License?

Notary licenses are issued by the State of Virgina. Please visit the State of Virginia's Notary Information website.

How can I locate Unclaimed Property?

Unclaimed property is managed by the State of Virginia. Please visit the Virginia Unclaimed Property website.

Where can I get or renew a U.S. Passport?

Please visit the U.S. Passport website for more information about applying in person or the U.S. Post Office website for other options.

How can I get a Hunting and Fishing License?

To purchase online, visit General Hunting and Fishing License Information for the State of Virginia.

For more information visit the links below:

Contact Information:

City Treasurer
City of Richmond
900 E. Broad St., Room 107
Richmond, VA
23219 USA
Map It
Phone: (804)646-6474
Fax: (804)646-3904
Auditor Reports Issued FOIA Request Code Red graphic

This is a print version of the webpage. The navigation of the site has been removed through the print css. If you require a printout of the page as it looks in your browser, please use screen capture.

Code Red graphicKeeping Citizens Informed!