The Department of Procurement Services is the centralized purchasing body for the city of Richmond. We are
building the "Best Richmond" by promoting high standards for all business relationships and ensuring that
citizens receive the maximum value for each tax dollar expended.
Our goal is to enhance the provision of direct and indirect services to the citizens of Richmond by obtaining
high quality goods and services at reasonable cost, and ensuring that the procurement process is as competitive
and objective as possible.
It is the organization's policy to operate in accordance with all federal, state, and city regulations and laws
pertaining to the public procurement process.
Our Vision & Mission
The Department of Procurement Services will work with city agencies, citizens, and the business community to
ensure that we continue to strive to "Build the Best Richmond."
While providing the most efficient and effective services, the Department of Procurement Services is committed to demonstrating the following shared standards:
- Excellence: We aim to achieve the highest quality products or services in everything we do.
- Honesty: We share knowledge and understanding based on truth and facts.
- Integrity: We are honest, responsible, and ethical.
- Collaboration: We work together as a team to increase productivity and results.
- Mutual Accountability: We use our available resources conscientiously, responsibly, and efficiently.
- Communication: We exchange knowledge to provide better understanding and effective, useful information.
- Service: We strive to satisfy and exceed our customer expectations
- Mutual Respect: We recognize and accept diversity.
- Commitment: We remain focused on fulfilling the mission and achieving the department's goals.
The Department of Procurement Services subscribes to and supports a high level of ethical and moral conduct. Our policy prohibits the acceptance of
gifts or gratuities of any kind.
The Department of Procurement Services maintains memberships in the following groups:
- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP)
- Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing (VAGP)
- Capital Area Purchasing Association (CAPA)
- American Purchasing Society (APS)