Richmond VA > Services

Last Updated: 2015-10-23


Service Name Service Business Unit Date Updated
Tours The City can arrange tours of City water and wastewater plants, the Council Chambers, historic cemeteries, and other City-owned facilities at no charge. Please call the Public Information Office at (804)646-7985 to arrange a tour 2009-11-01
Treasurer's Office The City Treasurer is an elected constitutional officer of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The Treasurer's Office is located in Room 107, City Hall, 900 E. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23219. Map It The emphasis of this office is on the collection of state income taxes. The office staff provides information and assistance regarding state and federal income taxes. Fishing and hunting licenses are also sold through this office.
Customer Service: (804)646-6474
Fax: (804)646-3904
Treasurer 2009-11-01
Traffic Lights To report a malfunctioning traffic light, contact the Department of Public Works Traffic Engineering/Signal Shop at (804) 646-1466. Any request related to traffic lights may be directed to the Customer Care Center at (804) 646-0999. Public Works 2009-11-01
Trash Collection Bulk Items Citizens can place large bulk items, such as sofas, mattresses and brush, beside their Supercans. These items will be picked up at no charge within a 2 - 4 week period. There is a $50 fee to dispose of appliances, which can be conveniently be added to the customer's utility bill. Refuse must be placed on the curb no later than 7 a.m. on the pick-up day. Public Works 2009-11-01
Trash Collection Leaf Collection The City of Richmond provides annual residential leaf collection services for citizens. For collection, leaves must be raked to the property line, and not contain large amounts of dirt, rocks, or large branches. Leaves may also be placed in bags or any other container and set out along with Supercans for pick-up. For up-to-date information on leaf collection, call the Leaf Hotline at (804)646-LEAF ((804)646-5323). Public Works 2009-11-01
Trash Collection Supercans Each city residence is issued one free Supercan for garbage removal. Up to 3 additional Supercans may be purchased at a cost of $55 each, which can be conveniently added to utility bills. If citizens wish to purchase an additional can, or if their Supercan is damaged, lost or stolen, they should contact the Department of Public Works Customer Care Center at (804)646-0999. Public Works 2009-11-01
Trash Collection Yard Waste There is no need to separate yard waste from household waste. However, recyclable materials must be placed in a separate container for collection every other week. For more information on the collection of solid and bulk wastes please call the Department of Public Works at (804) 646-0999. Public Works 2009-11-01
Trash Collection City Property The Department of Public Works will remove all junk, trash, or debris on City-owned property. Please call (804)646-0999 to make a removal request. Public Works 2009-11-01
Tree Trimming and Tree Removal The Department of Public Works is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of landscaped areas in City parks and right of ways. City Code requires property owners and/or occupants to keep the public right of way area between the improved street or alley and their property line free of vegetation that would obstruct or impede or threaten the safe and orderly movement of persons or vehicles. In addition, City Code requires property owners and/or occupants to keep weeds and grass from growing more than 12 inches high in the public right of way area between the improved street or alley and their property line or to the center of an unimproved street or alley. The department's Urban Forestry Division cares for more than 160,000 trees on public land. To request tree maintenance on public property, contact the Urban Forestry Division at 646-0681. All other questions or concerns about the maintenance of vegetation on City property should be directed to (804)646-4498 north of the James River, and (804)646-3747 south of the James River. Public Works 2009-11-01
Truancy and Diversion The City Department of Juvenile Justice Services asks citizens to report any youth not in school between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. to Police Communications at (804)646-5100 or call the truancy hotline at (804)646-ABCD(2223). You may also make your report to either of the City's Truancy Diversion Centers.
921 Hull St. Map It:(804)646-8976
501 N. 9th St. Map It:(804)646-6896
Justice Services 2009-11-01
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
The Department of Social Services Economic Support & Independence Division offers Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF/VIEW) providing families with eligible children a monthly cash payment to meet their basic needs. Social Services 2018-05-03
Tax Assistance
The Internal Revenue Service offers free tax help to people who generally have low income, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals. Social Services 2015-08-14
Auditor Reports Issued FOIA Request Code Red graphic

This is a print version of the webpage. The navigation of the site has been removed through the print css. If you require a printout of the page as it looks in your browser, please use screen capture.

Code Red graphicKeeping Citizens Informed!