Auxiliary grants are offered to city residents who are age 65 or over, blind, or disabled, and who are also living
in assisted living facility or adult foster care home. The Auxiliary Grant recipient may use the funds in order to pay for
the care provided by the home. Individuals who receive money from this program are also eligible for Medicaid.
The Auxiliary Grant program works closely Adult Services.
Auxiliary Grant Eligibility
- Be 65 years or older, blind or disabled
- Have countable resources of less than $2,000 for one person and $3,000 for a couple.
- Have countable income that is less than the approved rate for the home, plus an allowance for personal items.
- File an application in the locality where the person lived prior to entering the adult care resident or adult family care home.
- Have been assessed and determined to need care in an adult care residence or an adult family placement.
Apply for an Auxiliary Grant
- Download and print an application
- Fax completed application to (804) 646-7018
- Mail completed application to:
City of Richmond Department of Social Services
900 E. Marshall St.
Richmond, VA 23219
For More Information
- Call 3-1-1 for information on the application process or to speak with a customer service representative.
- Visit one of our three (3) Social Services locations for assistance.