Park: 3201 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA (23223) [East]
Playground: 29th & East Grace Street, Richmond, VA (23223) [East]
This expansive 30-acre park offers a 180' view of the city. It is also home to the National Battlefield Park headquarters and one of Richmond's most unique statues, a miniature of the Statue of Liberty.
The park house on the eastern edge of the park can be rented for small meetings or events, and the popular Church Hill Dog Park is located on the eastern lower terrace of the park. The Dog Park includes two areas: one for large dogs and one for small dogs.
The Chimborazo Playground, located just one block from the park, was renovated in 2009. It also includes a community garden.
The park is open from sunrise to sunset. No alcoholic beverages, glass containers or unleashed pets are allowed in city parks.
- National Battlefield Park System: (804) 226-1981
- Park Rentals: (804) 646-0036 or (804) 646-0761
- Friends of the Church Hill Dog Park
- Park hours are from sunrise to sunset
- Glass is prohibited in city parks
- No parking on the grass
- No amplified music without a special permit
- Dogs are allowed only in the following parks:
- Barker Field dog park
- Byrd Park
- Chimborazoo dog park
- Forest Hill Park
- Service dogs are allowed in every park
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in city parks
- No open fires are allowed outside of park fireplaces and grills
- No golf or archery is allowed in city parks
- No tents, stages or other special apparatus is allowed without a permit
- No cutting of park trees or shrubs in city parks is allowed