4425 Williamsburg Ave., Richmond, VA
Located at Stony Run Drive and Williamsburg Road in Richmond's East End, this 40 acre park is home to the city's only BMX race track, which serves as the home track for Richmond BMX, an affiliate of the National Bicycle League.
A park that draws diverse activities, it is also a favorite of disc golf fans (in addition to Bryan Park) for its 18 hole disc golf course. In addition, the park's horse shoe pits are the site of regular activity and many tournaments.
The Gillies Creek Park Foundation is working with the City of Richmond on future plans to develop the park to connect a series of new and existing parks in an unprecedented urban greenway that will link Richmond neighborhoods to the nearby riverfront, Tobacco Row, the Capital Trail and the restored canal.
The park is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Park hours are from sunrise to sunset
- Glass is prohibited in city parks
- No parking on the grass
- No amplified music without a special permit
- Dogs are allowed only in the following parks:
- Barker Field dog park
- Byrd Park
- Chimborazoo dog park
- Forst Hill Park
- Service dogs are allowed in every park
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in city parks
- No open fires are allowed outside of park fireplaces and grills
- No golf or archery is allowed in city parks
- No tents, stages or other special apparatus is allowed without a permit
- No cutting of park trees or shrubs in city parks is allowed